Our commitment to privacy:
David Evans and Associates, Inc. (“DEA”) recognizes and respects your privacy while you use our website. In this spirit, we want you to be aware of the information we collect and how that information might be used in order for you to make a choice about using our site.
The information we collect:
This policy applies to all information collected or submitted on our site. You do not need to register to view our site, but registration may be required if you choose to submit information on DEA’s “Join Us” resources: “Subconsultants and Vendors”; and “Current Openings” pages. The Current Openings page includes information that is required for Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) reporting.
The Join Us resources may collect the following information from you voluntarily:
- Your name
- Your home address
- Your work or home phone number
- Your email address
In addition, the Join Us resources may collect your resume, CV or work history, information about your business, services, experience, references, insurance, safety data, and other business related data. This identifiable information is generally considered “User Data.” Our site may also require your browser to accept “Cookies”, or small temporary text files placed on your processor or in the browser directory of your hard drive, so the site can remember who you are.
During your visit to our site, our server may also track and record your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, OS and browser type, pages and files that you access, length of your visit, your geographic information, and search terms you used to find our site. Collection of this information is designed to help us administer the site and for general business purposes, such as how many users visited a certain part of the site, and are not designed to track a specific IP address to the identity of a particular individual user. The server does not collect your personal, identifying information without registration.
How we may use the data:
We may use your User Data:
- to complete your profile and allow ongoing use of your account as a user of the site,
- to make available to you any information or features provided via the site,
- to send you notices or other information or to contact you in the future,
- for any other lawful purpose.
Sharing your information:
We will not sell, rent, or share your personal information you submit except:
- with a third party that we have engaged to assist with the management of this information or with a third party to carry out our business operations and business objectives;
- as necessary to comply with applicable laws, including responding to subpoenas, courts action and other administrative requests;
- to protect our or a third party’s rights, safety, or property; or
- under the license you have granted to us under the site’s Terms.
While we are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties, we have requested that they not share your information.
Our commitment to data security:
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. While we are not responsible for the privacy parties of third parties, we have asked third parties that we share information with to do the same. That said, the transmission of information between you and the site may not be encrypted and may not always be secure. While we strive to protect your User Data, we cannot ensure the security of any information (including User Data) transmitted to, from, or over the site. You provide User Data at your own risk.
How you can access, correct or remove your information:
If you wish to delete personal information and are unable to do so directly on the site, please send us an email at email@example.com stating that you want your user name, user address, and user e-mail address removed or inactivated from the site (“Opt Out”). Once we have received your Opt Out request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to carry out your Opt Out request within a commercially reasonable period of time. Even if you Opt Out, however, be aware that we do not have any obligation unless you are a California Resident:
- to delete the User Data provided to us;
- to prevent the use of User Data that may have been shared with others up to that time; or
- for your use of any other websites which are not under our ownership or control, even if you linked to any of these forums via the site or any other communications sent to you by any party other than us.
You can verify the change of information on record by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have no duty to correct, update, modify, or eliminate any of your User Data as it appears on the site.
Third Party Websites:
By using this site, you agree:
California residents (“Consumers”) are provided rights under The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) including the following:
- the right to know what personal information is being collected, used, shared or sold, as well as the categories of personal information collected on consumers over the previous 12 months;
- the right to request the deletion of personal information;
- the right to non-discrimination for the exercising of a consumer’s privacy rights.
We do not sell personal information as defined by the CCPA. Consumers wishing to exercise rights under the CCPA may contact us at email@example.com for more information.
QUESTIONS? How to contact us:
This policy was revised April 15, 2021.